The Interdisciplinary Writing Showcase
Are you looking for an opportunity to publish your work before graduating? Then look no further! The IWP Writing Showcase allows students to submit their work for publication on the IWP Blog. Information regarding the showcase is listed below, and full details can be found here.
Common Questions Regarding the Showcase:
When can I submit my writing piece for publication? Accordion Closed
We accept applications on a rolling basis throughout each semester, with submissions reviewed starting at the end of each month.
What kind of work can I submit for publication? Accordion Closed
You can submit any work that you believe is well-structured and well-drafted for that genre. This can include (but is not limited to):
- Research papers
- Short Stories
- Narrative works
- Creative fiction
Analysis for publication will be based on the writing genre chosen, and the overall execution of works in that genre.
What is the criteria for submission and publication? Accordion Closed
- All submissions must be your original work created in the last 36 months.
- One submission per student per semester.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled NAU students (graduate and PhD students are welcomed)
- Both academic and creative writing pieces are welcomed (Any theme or genre is welcomed).
- Pieces must be submitted in PDF format through the Google Submission Form at https://forms.gle/Lr4ty9K3jqhA4u8Y6. Please email email@example.com if the Google Submission Form isn’t working.
- No more than 3000 words, this may involve condensing larger pieces of writing.
- Submissions should follow appropriate guidelines and formatting for the genre or discipline.
- Please include only the title, no identifiable information, on the PDF document to ensure anonymity and fairness.
What is the review/revision process? Accordion Closed
Submissions will undergo mock peer-revision by staff and Writing Assistants. We may choose to publish your piece as-is or request revisions prior to publication. Our Writing Assistants are available to support you with any revisions.
Once your work is ready for publication we will send you an email informing you of its publication status, tag you in social media with the publication of your piece, and send the link with your published work.
Where do I submit my paper/piece for publication? Accordion Closed
Applicants must submit their pieces through Google Forms at (https://forms.gle/Lr4ty9K3jqhA4u8Y6).
If Google is not available for you please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to submit by email, your application should include the following information; name, grade, major, NAU ID, the title of the piece, two to four sentence description of the piece, and the writing submission attached in PDF format.