English 100 / English 405
It is never too early! Enroll in English 100 or English 405!
ENG100 / ENG405 is a 1-credit, P/F class that requires the completion of 12 weekly appointments and 11 brief reflections.
Each English 100 and English 405 student is paired with a dedicated Writing Assistant (WA) at the Lumberjack Writing Center (UWC). Students meet with their assigned WA during the same day and time each week for a 50-minute session, during which they will work on improving and refreshing their writing skills via a collaborative approach.
Students are expected to bring writing prompts, drafts, and ideas for constructive feedback and guidance from the Writing Assistant. If you don’t have a draft, just bring in your assignment and plan on talking though an outline.
How to register for English 100 / English 405
- Log onto Louie.
- Click “Enroll” on the sidebar of your Student Center.
- Select the term you want to enroll in (For example, Fall 2023).
- Register for either section of ENG 100 through LOUIE and check that it appears on your class schedule.
How to sign up for your weekly writing appointment
- Schedule your weekly appointment time during the 1st week of the spring semester
- Call 928-523-7745 between 9AM-5PM, or send an email email@example.com to schedule a time to call
- Please have the following information ready:
- A time/day of the week that works best in your schedule. Your meeting will be at the same time/day every week.
- In-person or Online Student
- Your name and corresponding NAU ID
Writing session appointments are available in two formats:
- Our in-person locations across campus
- Synchronously through WCONLINE, our online platform
Additional information about ENG100/ENG405
- ENG100 and ENG405 are non-traditional courses, meaning there is no formal in-class instruction. Instead, your “class time” is the 50 minute weekly appointments with your assigned Writing Assistant.
- Since the first week of the semester is dedicated to signing up ENG100 and ENG405 students with a Writing Assistant, weekly appointments begin the second week of the semester.
- Students may enroll in ENG100 and ENG405 up to three times over the course of their undergraduate degree.
- English 100 is not a prerequisite and is not required for English 105. If you are looking for ENG107, please contact Megan.MoranWilson@nau.edu.