The following initiatives help reduce the impact of transportation on and off-campus.
ecoPASS The ecoPASS is a Mountain Line city bus pass provided at no charge to all Northern Arizona University employees.
Electric Vehicle Charging There are 6 active level two chargers at three separate locations on campus where you can charge an electric vehicle. All campus parking policies apply. If using an ADA charging stall a valid ADA designation and NAU or garage permit are required. Vehicles must be charging to use the stalls.
Ditch the Car!
First-year students, especially those living on campus are strongly encouraged not to bring a car to campus. Why you ask?
- Students rarely use their cars as everyone on campus walks, bikes, or takes the shuttle to get around campus.
- More than 65% of students never bring a car to campus and travel easily without a car.
- Students cannot park outside of their permit zone during the day (so no driving to class).
- There are many transit options to get off campus, out of Flagstaff, and out of state.
- We get snow and digging out your car is no fun.
- A parking permit and gas are costly!