The Northern Arizona University Green Fund supports projects, initiated by university students, staff, and faculty, that reduce the environmental impact of campus operations and promote a culture of sustainability. Funding comes from a $15 per semester Green Fee, which adds up to a budget that is upwards of $600,000; these funds are overseen by a student committee that is supported by staff and faculty members.
Have an Idea? We would love to hear it!
Fill out the Idea Summary Form
New! Green Fund Research Grant
The Green Fund will be accepting proposals for research projects that help understand and reduce NAU’s environmental impact, with the goal that this research funding could act as seed funding for the Green Fund project proposals.
2019 Student Research Grant Proposal Recognized Needs:
• Feasibility of in-vessel composting at NAU
• Feasibility of campus-wide renewable energy projects
• Centralizing campus transportation fleet usage and impact
• Testing effectiveness of PET plastic-eating microbes at NAU
• Identifying optimal rainwater collection sites and technology on campus
• Collection and analysis of existing smart meter data on campus
• Utilizing bioreactors to sequester carbon at NAU
Application opens: October 28, 2019
Application closes: December 6, 2019 at 5:00PM
Funding awards will be announced by: January 20, 2020
Explore Past Projects
[interactive map coming soon]
We are the Green Fund!
[The Green Fund Homepage is currently going through a redesign, we look forward to revealing additional content in the near future! – Admin Oct 25th, 2019]