Get Involved & Submit a Proposal
The NAU Green Fund is committed to helping students get involved with sustainability. Whether you want to learn more about the Green Fund, become a part of the Green Fund, or submit your own project, you’ll find the resources you need here. If you have questions while you’re completing your proposal application, contact GreenFund@nau.edu.
The Process for Proposals
All proposals submitted are reviewed by the Green Fund Committee during their weekly meetings. Submit an idea summary to the Green Fund once you think of an idea to discuss project feasibility. Once you submit a proposal, the Committee will review it and you will be paired with a Committee Member who will ask you a set of questions pertaining to your proposal via email. Next, you will be invited to defend your proposal. This means you will be invited to the next Committee meeting to provide a brief overview of your proposal, describe to the Green Fund why your proposal will contribute to sustainability on campus, and why they should fund your proposal. Most proposals receive acceptance or denial within a week of your defense.
Follow the Steps Below BEFORE Submitting Your Proposal
Step 1: Identify Your Project Accordion Closed
- Submit an idea summary to the Green Fund to discuss project feasibility.
- Find a team to work on the proposal with you.
- Identify additional sources of funding.
Step 2: Get Specific Information Accordion Closed
- Research your project – make sure what you propose is the best option for your sustainable goal
- Identify exactly what you are asking us to fund
- Make a detailed budget
- Think through every piece of setting up the project and, in your proposal, specifically explain how you will get the project done within your timeframe.
Step 3: IMPORTANT – Letters Accordion Closed
Green Fund works with other organizations on campus including the Space Committee.