Get Involved & Submit a Proposal
The NAU Green Fund is committed to helping students get involved with sustainability. Whether you want to learn more about the Green Fund, become a part of the Green Fund, or submit your own project, you’ll find the resources you need here. If you have questions while you’re completing your proposal application, contact GreenFund@nau.edu.
The Process for Proposals
Proposals submitted are reviewed by the Green Fund Committee on a weekly basis. Submit an idea summary to GreenFund@nau.edu once you think of an idea so we can discuss project feasibility. Once you submit a proposal, you will work closely with the Green Fund to finalize the project. Next, you will be invited to our next committee meeting to explain your proposal. We’ll ask you to provide a brief overview of your proposal, tell us how your proposal will contribute to sustainability on campus, and describe why we should fund your proposal. Most proposals receive a response with a decision within a week after you attend our meeting.
Follow the Steps Below BEFORE Submitting Your Proposal
Step 1: Identify Your Project Accordion Closed
- Submit an idea summary to the Green Fund to discuss project feasibility.
- Find a team to work on the proposal with you.
- Identify additional sources of funding.
Step 2: Get Specific Information Accordion Closed
- Research your project and make sure what you propose is the best option for your sustainable goal.
- Identify exactly what you are asking us to fund.
- Create a detailed budget.
- Think through every aspect of setting up the project and, in your proposal, specifically explain how you will get the project done within your timeframe.
- Please do not submit a proposal solely for the purpose of fulfilling an extra credit requirement; if your professor offers extra credit for Green Fund proposals, we request that you ensure your ability and intent to follow through on any project proposed.
- Consider the longevity of your project. The Green Fund tracks projects following their implementation, so make sure it will last for years to come.
Step 3: IMPORTANT – Letters Accordion Closed
Green Fund works with other organizations on campus, including the Space Committee.