Student Groups within the Office of Sustainability
Students should join the Environmental Caucus Action Teams that work on individual initiatives to better NAU’s campus. The focus areas include energy, waste & recycling, transportation, sustainable landscaping, and communications. Join a team to make a difference on campus in these key areas. Interested in joining? Email Green@nau.edu.
The main environmental student group on campus that engages students in environmental advocacy and connects student environmental groups across campus. The Green Jacks provide leadership experience and various opportunities across campus. Click here for more information and meeting times.
More Campus Groups
- Astronomy and Physics Club
- Ambassadors for the College of Engineering, Forestry & Natural Sciences (ACEFNS)
- Anthropology Club
- Botany Club
- Feral Cat Alliance
- Forestry Club and Organizations
- Garden Clubs
- Global Engineering Outreach
- Institute for Tribal Environmental Professionals (ITEP)
- Program in Community, Culture and Environment (CCE)
- The Health Education About Lifestyles and Therapies Holistic (H.E.A.L.T.H.) ART
- Student Nurturing Alternatives in Landscaping (SNAIL)
- Students for Sustainable Living and Urban Gardening (SSLUG)
- Sustainable Ambassadors
- Thrift Jacks
For a listing of hundreds of other NAU clubs and organizations, visit True Blue Connects
Outdoor and Indoor Activities
NAU Outdoors Adventures – Learn by doing— it’s one of the most effective ways to gain new knowledge and skills. Enhance your university experience as you connect with the natural environment and fellow students and peers, while discovering yourself in the process.
NAU Hiking Club – The oldest club on campus, since 1927 we’ve been logging more miles on our pedometers and odometers, and we’re damn proud! This Group is FREE, just show up and chip in for gas. Feel free to invite your friends to their Facebook page who like to hike! Hikes take place just about every weekend. We’re always accepting new ideas on where to hike. Anyone can suggest where they want to go or a certain hike they want to do.
NAU Climbing Club – The NAU climbing club strives to create and maintain a community of climbers so as to share in our love for the outdoors as well as rock climbing itself.