Ambassadors of the College of the Environment, Forestry, and Natural Sciences
The Ambassadors for the College of the Environment, Forestry, and Natural Sciences (ACEFNS) represent the student body of the College of the Environment, Forestry and Natural Sciences (CEFNS) to the public, industry, prospective students, and the Dean of CEFNS.
The goals of ACEFNS are:
- To represent the student body of the College of Environment, Forestry and Natural Sciences to the public, industry, prospective students, and the Dean.
- Encourage prospective students to become interested in STEM fields
- Recruit students to join ACEFNS
- To develop the leadership potentials in the members of the group.
- Put on Cocoa and CEFNS, a twice-a-semester event that brings together students and tutors to promote studying and learning of topics before midterms and finals.
The members of ACEFNS consist of articulate students that have demonstrated high academic achievement, participate in community and campus opportunities, and represent the diversity of the CEFNS in a positive light.
Cocoa and CEFNS
This event connects students with Supplemental Instructors or tutors that specialize in the classes that they are currently enrolled in. Tutors are typically available for Chemistry, Biology, Statistics, Environmental Science, Sustainability, Physics, and Math courses. This event allows students to get a head start on studying for midterms or finals and creates a positive learning environment. Attendance at Cocoa and CEFNS is guaranteed to result in students’ questions being answered and more confidence in the topics they are learning.
Various desserts and hot cocoa are provided to those who attend.