The Green Fund Student Research Grant
In accordance with the Green Fund’s mission to reduce NAU’s negative impact on the environment and contribute to a culture of sustainability on campus, the Green Fund Research Grant was created during the Fall 2019 term with the vision of incentivizing solution-oriented research on sustainable initiatives local to Flagstaff and NAU.
The Green Fund Research Grant is now an annual application that will accept research proposals each Fall. All full-time NAU students, undergraduate and graduate, may apply for funding. We eagerly await the opportunity to review applications at the end of this year.
Past Research Projects
2019 Accordion Closed
- Christina Osterink, NAU Office Food Waste Collection for Vermicomposting Program, $2,815.80
- Trong-Doan Nguyen, Data-Driven Analytics of Building Utility Demand, $2,419.20
- Miles Dunlap, NAU Fleet: Path to Carbon Neutrality, $2,700.00
- Justin Case, Testing Effectiveness of PET-Plastic Eating Microbes at NAU, $2,500.00
- Galen Dennis, Carbon Sequestering Algae Bioreactor, $2,675.00
- Jordan Masayesva, Data Acquisition System for Small Wind Turbines, $5,000.00