The Green Fund Student Research Grant
In accordance with the Green Fund’s mission to reduce NAU’s negative impact on the environment and contribute to a culture of sustainability on campus, the Green Fund Student Research Grant was created during the Fall 2019 term with the vision of incentivizing solution-oriented research on sustainable initiatives local to Flagstaff and NAU.
The Green Fund Student Research Grant is an annual application that will accept research proposals each Fall and Spring. All full-time NAU students, undergraduate and graduate, may apply for funding. We eagerly await the opportunity to review applications.
Past Research Projects
2019 Accordion Closed
- Christina Osterink, NAU Office Food Waste Collection for Vermicomposting Program, $2,815.80
- Trong-Doan Nguyen, Data-Driven Analytics of Building Utility Demand, $2,419.20
- Miles Dunlap, NAU Fleet: Path to Carbon Neutrality, $2,700.00
- Justin Case, Testing Effectiveness of PET-Plastic Eating Microbes at NAU, $2,500.00
- Galen Dennis, Carbon Sequestering Algae Bioreactor, $2,675.00
- Jordan Masayesva, Data Acquisition System for Small Wind Turbines, $5,000.00