NAU is introducing Digital JacksCard this fall! This exciting new technology allows you to store your JacksCard right in your Apple Wallet.
What is it? Accordion Closed
Digital JacksCard is the newest way to use your JacksCard. Not only does the digital format make it easier for students to access buildings like residence halls, the rec center, and the library, along with the ability to make payments on campus for food and books, but you can now keep your JacksCard right in your Apple Wallet on your iPhone and Apple Watch.
- An easier way to access buildings (residence halls, library, etc)
- Convenient payment experience all around campus
- No need to carry around a physical wallet – everything will be in your Apple Wallet
- No need to worry about losing your plastic JacksCard
- Digital JacksCard works with iPhone 6s and later and Apple Watch Series 1 and later
- Students will be able to have their Digital JacksCard on up to two devices
When will it be available? Accordion Closed
Digital JacksCard will be available this fall. Stay tuned for details coming soon!
How does it work? Accordion Closed
- Use your Digital JacksCard anywhere. Digital JacksCard will be accepted anywhere on campus that a plastic JacksCard can be used. Our new readers will accept both plastic JacksCards and Digital JacksCards.
- Tap and go effortlessly with Express Mode. Digital JacksCard features the Express Mode Transaction Experience. By default, Express Mode will be turned on. With Express Mode, users can tap their locked iPhone or Apple Watch to use Digital JacksCard without needing to authenticate via Face ID or Touch ID for a fast, frictionless experience.
Who is eligible? Accordion Closed
- Students who are enrolled in at least one class at the Flagstaff Mountain Campus will be eligible for a Digital JacksCard. Students who are taking classes exclusively at other campuses will not be eligible right now, but stay tuned for the latest information as we work to expand this program.
- Staff, Faculty, and Affiliates are not eligible for Digital JacksCards quite yet, but we are working on expanding this group very soon. We will keep the community up to date as the eligibility group expands.
- Digital JacksCard is currently only supported on iPhone 6s and later and Apple Watch series 1 and later.
Please see the Terms and Conditions for more information.
What about Android users? Accordion Closed
We love our Android users, but your Digital JacksCard is not quite ready yet. We want to be sure that we get it working perfectly. Stay tuned, we will let you know when it is available. If you would like to get the latest news about Digital JacksCard program, please join our mailing list.
How do you get one? Accordion Closed
In order to get a Digital JacksCard, you will need the following:
- iPhone 6s or later
- Digital JacksCards can be also be added to any Apple Watch Series 1 and later
- Apple ID signed into iCloud and a passcode active on your device(s)
- The latest version of the NAUgo app for adding your Digital JacksCard to Apple Wallet. This can be found in the Apple App Store
- Your NAU username and password
- You will need to be enrolled in Two-Step Verification. For more information, please see the Two-Step Verification page
- You will need to have an approved photo. Please visit the photo submission page to add a photo
- You will need the latest version of iOS and watchOS
You will need to follow the steps in the NAUgo app.
Do you have to get one? Accordion Closed
You are not required to use a Digital JacksCard if you are eligible; you can opt for a plastic JacksCard if you prefer. If you originally elected to receive a Digital JacksCard and would like to change to a plastic JacksCard, this will be available to you; some fees may apply. Please see Card Pricing for more information. You will need to come visit the JacksCard office to have a plastic JacksCard printed for you, or to reactive a plastic JacksCard used previously.
Check Account Balances Accordion Closed
To see Digital JacksCard account balances,
- On your iPhone, open Apple Wallet App
- Choose your Digital JacksCard. You will see up to three account balances on the front of the ID
- If you want to see any other balances or your student ID number, tap “…” in the top right corner of the Apple Wallet
- If you added your Digital JacksCard to your Apple Watch, you can see account balances in the Apple Watch App or in your Apple Wallet and Apple Pay on your Apple Watch
What if you get a new device or your device is lost or stolen? Accordion Closed
Students will be able to have their Digital JacksCard on up to two supported devices. If you get a new device, you can transfer your Digital JacksCard to your new device. If your device is lost or stolen, you can use the Find My app to suspend or disable your Digital JacksCard or reach out to the JacksCard Office and we can remotely freeze your Digital JacksCard.
How do you turn off Express Mode? Accordion Closed
When you add your Digital JacksCard to your Apple Wallet, Express Mode is turned on by default. If you don’t want to use Express Mode, you can turn it off.
- Open Apple Wallet
- Tap your ID Card
- Tap “…” located in top right corner of Apple Wallet
- Tap Express Mode On/Off button
If you are having any difficulty using your Digital JacksCard to complete a transaction, report any issues to JacksCard office at JacksCard@nau.edu or call (928) 523-1905 so we can investigate the issues.