TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The JacksCard serves as the official form of identification for Northern Arizona University (University) and provides access to University facilities, events, and services. The JacksCard may be issued to University students, staff, faculty, and qualified affiliates (Cardholder(s)) as a physical card; or, the JacksCard may be issued to the Cardholder’s digital credential on the Cardholder’s qualified smartphone device (Phone).
By applying to receive or possessing a JacksCard, the Cardholder agrees to be bound by all of the terms and conditions outlined below:
- The JacksCard will only be active for and may only be used by:
- Students enrolled in a current or pending term.
- Faculty, staff, and administration with a current or pending employment status at the University.
- Qualified University affiliates. (Affiliates may require annual renewal for JacksCards to remain active.)
- The JacksCard will only be issued to persons with an active record in the University student information system.
- Cardholders must provide an official government issued form of picture identification before a first-time physical JacksCard will be issued. Acceptable forms of identification include:
- State issued driver’s license or identification card.
- United States Passport.
- International Visa.
- Cardholders must log into NAUgo and provide official University log in credentials including two-factor authentication before a Digital JacksCard will be issued.
- A Cardholder may hold only one active physical JacksCard at a time; or, the digital JacksCard credential may be provisioned on up to two devices to include one Phone and one wearable device.
- A physical card or digital credential will only be issued to a person with an approved picture uploaded in the JacksCard system (see ID Photo Guidelines).
- Any violation of these terms and conditions, use or attempted use of the JacksCard for anything other than its intended purposes, or failure to truthfully report the circumstances pertaining to a lost, stolen, or damaged JacksCard may subject the Cardholder to disciplinary action by the University, including, but not limited to, revocation and/or confiscation of the JacksCard.
- The JacksCard is non-transferable. Services provided through the JacksCard shall not be shared, sold, or used by any person other than the Cardholder to whom it was issued.
- The JacksCard shall not be physically altered or digitally manipulated in any way.
- The JacksCard shall be in the Cardholder’s possession and presented upon request to any University official when accessing the facilities, events, and services provided through the JacksCard program.
- A lost or stolen JacksCard must be reported immediately:
- In person at the JacksCard Office – University Union room 115.
- By telephone: (928) 523-1905.
- Through email: JacksCard@nau.edu.
- Online: https://id.nau.edu/.
- Additional options to suspend or deprovision a digital JacksCard may be found here: https://in.nau.edu/jackscard/frequently-asked-questions/.
- Lost, stolen, damaged or replacement cards may be subject to a fee (see fee schedule at: https://in.nau.edu/jackscard/card-pricing).
- Cardholders are responsible for all transactions made with their JacksCard even if the JacksCard is lost or stolen. Account balance and transaction history is available by contacting the JacksCard Office or online at: https://secure.touchnet.net/C21158_oneweb/Financial/CurrentStatement.
- The University is not responsible for any charge or expense caused by loss, theft, fraud, or misuse of the JacksCard.
- Cardholders are responsible for verifying the accuracy of charges by merchants and receipts or charges. If there is an error on a receipt, the Cardholder should contact the merchant for resolution.
- The University reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions and make changes which will supersede the terms and conditions in effect at the time of JacksCard issuance.
- The JacksCard office will keep Cardholder information confidential to the extent permitted by law and University policy.
- If the Cardholder requests the release of information to a third party, the release will expire when the JacksCard expires or at the written request of the Cardholder.
- Electronic information may be released to authorized personnel with a reasonable need to obtain access, such as, but not limited to, Human Resources, Student Life or NAUPD in conjunction with investigation or internal audit.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Arizona and/or University policy.