Health Care Coverage FAQs
Choosing a health care plan
How do I determine which health care plan is right for me and my family? Accordion Closed
There are three important things to consider when selecting your medical, dental and vision coverage.
- Cost: Assess the costs you expect in the coming year. Employee Premiums + Out-of-Pocket Costs: Deductibles, Copays & Coinsurnace.
- Network: To determine if your provider is in the plan’s network you go the plan’s website and do a provider search or call customer service for the vendor.
- Benefits and Coverage: Review the Benefit Plan Documents and Policies for the coverage details for each plan.
- The Summary of Benefits and Coverage provides coverage details for medical plan in easy to understand language.
- Plan comparisons: Medical, Dental and Vision.
You should also watch the Benefit Orientation Videos for information on each plan, how to enrollment and the enrollment deadlines.
How to I find out if my doctors are in the plans network? Accordion Closed
To determine if your provider is in the plan’s network you go the plan’s website and do a provider search or call customer service for the vendor. Visit the Vendor Contact webpage which includes member ID number, group number, the provider’s website address and customer service phone number.
This is the first time I am enrolling in medical insurance. I do not understand the health care language. What is a deductible? What is a copay? Where can I find more information? Accordion Closed
You can refer to the ‘Glossary of Health Coverage Terms’ |
You may also want to review the Summary of Benefits and Coverage. They are written in plain language and outline what your share of cost would be under each plan.
Health Care ID Cards
When will I get my ID cards? Accordion Closed
Your enrollment information will be sent to the vendor on the date your benefits are effective.
- It takes several days before your enrollment is shown on the provider’s eligibility portal.
- Once on the portal, you can register for an account with the vendor and print a temporary ID Card.
- The vendor will then mail your ID to your home address in LOUIE within 2 weeks.
Visit the Vendor Contact webpage which includes the provider’s website address and customer service phone number.
I need to make an appointment, when is the soonest I can make one? Accordion Closed
Your benefits are effective the first of the pay period following your elections, however it may take up to 2 weeks for the vendors to receive and process your information. We recommend waiting until you receive your ID cards or at least a week after you are effective to make any medical, dental or vision appointments.
Where do I find my Member ID and Group Number? Accordion Closed
Visit the Vendor Contact webpage which includes member ID number, group number, the provider’s website address and customer service phone number.
Does Campus Health Service accept all of the NAU medical plans? Accordion Closed
Campus Health Services accepts all the medical plans offered by the university, but your out-of-pocket expenses will vary based on the plan.
- Eligible NAU BCBSAZ PPO members can access Campus Health Services for no co-pay, deductible, or coinsurance.
- Eligible NAU HDHP plan members can access Campus Health Services but are subject to the plan’s deductible and coinsurance.
- Eligible State of AZ medical plans members can access Campus Health Services but are subject to the plan’s co-pays and deductible.
I noticed that the UnitedHealthcare Solstice Dental Plan has the lowest premium. Can I see my current family dentist if I enroll in this dental plan? Accordion Closed
With this plan you want to make sure that your provider is in the network. There are no out-of-network benefits, and the network is limited, especially in Northern Arizona.
To find a provider visit smilestateofaz.com.
My dentist is not in the UHC Solstice network, how do I nominate them? Accordion Closed
Do I have to elect a primary dentist? Accordion Closed
No, you do not have to elect a primary dentist. Both UHC and Delta Dental allow you to see any dentist in their respective networks.
Is there a choice of Vision Plans? Accordion Closed
No, Avesis is the only option for vision plans.
I did not go to a provider in the Avesis network. Is there reimbursement for services received outside of the network? Accordion Closed
Still have questions??
Review additional FAQs on other Benefit plans or contact the Benefits Team at email@example.com or call (928) 523-2223.