This July, the 2023 NCCEP/GEAR UP National Conference is taking place in San Francisco, California. The Arizona GEAR UP team is excited and honored to be attending this year’s event. Multiple schools and project partners will join the Arizona GEAR UP state office to present on a variety of topics. Check out what the AZGU planned this week:
Monday, July 17th, Block 1 – 10:45 – 12:00 pm
- College, Career, Future Ready: Gain additional tools to build a college-going culture and prepare students for success. Includes a simulation of a senior-level family engagement event. Speakers: GEAR UP coaches from Buckeye Union High School District.
- Coordinating the Transition to High School: Discuss challenges and solutions in transitioning GEAR UP programs from middle school to high school. Takeaways to enhance program development. Speakers: Program managers from Arizona GEAR UP.
Monday, July 17th, Block 2 – 2:15 – 3:30 pm:
- Helping Students Trail-Blaze Paths to College and Career Success: Explore middle grades career exploration programs, best practices, and Arizona-based resources. Focus on Possible Futures Career Exploration Curriculum and MyFuture AZ tool. Speakers: Directors and project managers from the Center for the Future of Arizona.
Monday, July 17th Block 3 – 4:00 – 5:15 pm:
- The Guides to GEAR UP Success: Learn about Arizona’s Guides: Discover, Parent, Facilitator, and Senior Launch. Gain insights on creating similar resources and addressing equity gaps. Speakers: Program managers from Northern Arizona University.
Tuesday, July 18th, Block 4 – 10:45 – 12:00 pm:
- Finding More Time! Creative & Innovative Ways to Engage Students with GEAR UP Services: Panel discussion on innovative strategies to engage students and collaborate with school staff. Speakers: GEAR UP professionals and experts.
Tuesday, July 18th, Block 6 – 4:00 – 5:15 pm:
- National GEAR UP Week the NCCEP Way (Hint: #GEARUPworks): Learn how to align GEAR UP Week with advocacy efforts and engage leaders. Promote the #GEARUPworks message. Speakers: Government relations and communications professionals.
We look forward to the days ahead and hope you can join one of our sessions!