AZ GEAR UP Lumberjack Leadership Summit
Arizona GEAR UP invites current 9th, 10th, and 11th graders to join us for the 2022 Lumberjack Leadership Summit. Don’t have the cash? No worries, if you go to one of our Arizona GEAR UP Schools, the Summit is free. Whether you choose our in-person option at Northern Arizona University or the virtual option, your experience will include hands-on activities such as an engineering project and coding animation project.
You’ll also brush up on your leadership skills and explore who you are and what’s important to you. And, don’t forget the college experience. You’ll meet actual college students and learn what university life is really like.
This year’s summit will have 2 options for participation.
The in-person summit will take place Sunday, June 5th – Friday, June 10th at Northern Arizona University Mountain Campus in Flagstaff, Arizona. You’ll get to live on-campus in one of the campus resident halls.
If you can’t attend in-person, there is also a virtual option, which will take place Sunday, June 5th – Wednesday, June 8th via ZOOM.
- Must be attending an Arizona GEAR UP High School
- Must be a rising Sophomore, Junior or Senior (priority will be given to rising Sophomores)
- Must be able to participate in all Leadership Summit dates
- Must stay on campus at Northern Arizona University
- Must be willing submit a negative COVID PCR test within 72 hours before the first date of program for in-person session (June 2nd or later)
Contact Arizona GEAR UP at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can talk to your school’s GEAR UP Coach. If you’re ready to sign up, select the application you want to fill out below.
Applications closed as of April 22th, 2022
Arizona GEAR UP is looking to hire staff to support the Lumberjack Leadership Program. For available positions and requirements please visit our job openings page.