Scheduled appointments with NAU Career Development
NAU Career Development offers five scheduled appointments types. All appointments can be scheduled through Handshake:
Career exploration Accordion Closed
- Know what transferable skills are, provide examples of transferable skills, and identify strategies to build these skills.
- Feel confident that you are able to identify your strengths, interests, and values, and begin to connect these to potential careers.
- Feel confident in utilizing career and personality assessments to assess fit with careers and work environments.
Resume and cover letter reviews Accordion Closed
- Identify and apply principles of high-quality resume design and formatting to your own resume.
- Feel confident crafting bullet points (accomplishment statements) using strong verbs, quantifiable actions, and results.
- Feel empowered to begin crafting a compelling Summary of Qualifications targeted towards desired jobs that reflect your skills, experience, and what makes you unique.
Internship exploration and resources Accordion Closed
- Identify strengths, interests, and values, and begin to connect these to potential internships.
- Feel confident identifying reputable online internship search sites and using them to find internships.
- Identify the application materials you need to apply for internships.
Job search strategies Accordion Closed
- Feel confident about finding and using resources to match your strengths, interests, and values to various jobs.
- Identify and locate reputable online job search sites.
- Learn to use online tools, such as Glassdoor and LinkedIn, to investigate organizational culture.
Mock interviews Accordion Closed
- Use the STAR Method to identify your responses to behavioral interview questions and practice these responses.
- Identify nervous habits and replace them with professional, confident body language.
- Recognize appropriate and professional interview attire.
Schedule appointments with W. A. Franke Career Development
Students accepted into the W.A. Franke College of Business can schedule appointments with the Career Development Office within their college.