In an effort to minimize barriers to access to clothing for class presentations, interviews, jobs, career fairs, conferences, and other needs, NAU Career Development houses a closet full of donated business and professional clothing available to all Lumberjacks in need. Come to Career Development and share you’re interested in visiting the Career Closet (no appointment necessary) and help yourself to your 4 items a semester!
Using the closet Accordion Open
Every Lumberjack can receive:
- 4 items of clothing per semester
- Unlimited access to “accessories” to include shoes, ties, scarves, handbags, jewelry, undershirts, hygiene items, etc.
Career Development can support you with access to clothing as well as preparing you for whatever you may need your clothes for! Sign up for an appointment in Handshake to do a mock interview, create a job search strategy, or even build your application materials.
Check out these professional dress ideas on the Career Development Pinterest.
Donating to the closet Accordion Closed
Donations of gently worn and new items are welcomed on a rolling basis at NAU Career Development to continuously restock the Career Closet.
The Career Closet is currently in need of:
- Suits, button-up shirts, and blazers
- Accessories such as ties, vests and belts
- New dress socks, stockings, and undershirts
- Seasonal clothing items to include outerwear and winter needs
- Monetary donations through the NAU Foundation
The Career Closet will not accept:
- Used undergarments
- Items containing holes, stains, fraying or odors that cannot be removed
- If items are deemed too “casual”, Career Development will pass them to partners across campus
As donors, consider various professional industries when thinking of “professional clothing.”
Donations can be brought directly to the University Union, room 105 during our business hours of 8 am – 5 pm Monday through Friday or mailed to:
NAU Career Development
PO Box 6007
Please contact Career@nau.edu with any questions.
Career Closet impact Accordion Closed
We love to hear how the NAU Career Closet impacts donors and Lumberjacks. Please email us at Career@nau.edu with how this opportunity has been impactful. Use #NAUCareerCloset with any social media posts with NAU Career Closet Clothing or to share clothing and interview experiences. We would love to hear back about how this resource has helped you in your career journey!