Free Resume Review for Undergraduate Students
*Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors*
Submit application materials to our Resume DropBox.
Get feedback within 3-5 business days.
Graduate Students and Alumni can also get application materials reviewed by making an appointment with our office through Handshake.
Welcome to Career Development
Important COVID-19 Updates Accordion Closed
Our Career Development services are available in a variety of formats to meet the needs of students. They include both virtual and in-person appointments.
To support the health of our NAU community and adhere to the Center for Disease Control guidelines, masks are recommended for in person appointments.
Please feel free to utilize the options below to meet with us:
- Set up an appointment type of your choosing: Get access to one-on-one help with a Career Professional by creating an appointment in Handshake.
- Email us: We can be reached at Career@nau.edu for inquiries about direct consultations, evolving resources, and assistance with navigating our site.
- Learn at your own pace: Access our online career lessons 24/7 by completing Career Steps.
Career Development is here to support you. Check out our list of best practices and frequently asked questions for specific assistance related to programming, workshops or student employment. We are also available for direct consultation (see contact information above).
Below are resources you may find helpful
- Coronavirus updates and resources
- COVID-19 Info and Resources
- COVID-19 Student Health and Safety
- Health and Safety
- Faculty and Staff FAQ
- Jacks are Back
Stay safe and well, Jacks!
Your career journey begins now
NAU Career Development empowers students and alumni to confidently navigate their careers as citizens of an evolving and global world. We achieve our mission through the following goals. You can also meet our team.
Your career journey lasts a lifetime, starting with your very first year at NAU. Career Development is committed to supporting you along the way!
Explore the resources below to find out just how Career can help you:
Who we are
Mission Accordion Open
To empower students and alumni to confidently navigate their careers as citizens of an evolving and global world.
Goals Accordion Closed
- Provide tools to develop a foundation of self-awareness including knowledge of one’s strengths, interests, and values.
- Coach others in the accumulation of identity capital through the deliberate process of selecting and reflecting on experiences in and out of the classroom.
- Serve as career development thought-leaders and innovators at NAU and beyond.
- Collaborate with multiple stake-holders to establish a culture of professionalism on campus.
- Facilitate relationships and create opportunities for employer and student interaction on and off campus.
- Connect students to alumni, parents, and members of the local community to strengthen opportunities for professional growth.
- Provide tools to facilitate the integration of career into curricular and co-curricular experiences.
Student Employment Mission Statement Accordion Closed
Student Employment applies student development theory, career development theory, and contemporary research to:
- Assist students in finding and securing employment that meets their goals and needs,
- Facilitate evidence-based professional development opportunities for current student employees to ensure their career-readiness upon graduation, and
- Provide on-campus employers with the guidance and tools needed to create meaningful experiences for student employees throughout the student employment life-cycle.
Check out our Career Progression Plan for ideas of what you can do each year at NAU to support your career journey.
These online lessons are self-paced online modules that cover over 30 different career related topics. Each Career Steps Lesson contains a self-enrollment BBLearn link and individual grading rubric.