Hello WordPress Unit Web Coordinators!
Due to a relatively light round of updates, and out of respect for your busy schedules, we are providing this update email in lieu of the monthly UWC meeting for March. We will hold the next meeting on April 5th as scheduled, but please note that the location for that occurrence has changed as seen on the invite. The primary updates we would like to communicate to all of you are:
- The ERI and ITS websites went live in WordPress last month, and short of a handful of Yuma pages being worked on, that represents the final Ektron sites that needed to be moved to the new platform.
- The technical team has been reviewing logs showing any traffic still going to the Ektron server and have used that information to resolve three dozen issues around missed redirects, orphaned pages, or bad links. This work is ongoing.
- The phased approach to decommission Ektron continues and we are targeting Spring Break week (March 18th) to block access to that environment. Another email to the wider WordPress user community will be issued on that topic.
- Please review the training schedule on a regular basis for upcoming workshops and new training opportunities. The days and times for each session vary from week to week.
- Review and testing of the new WordPress version is underway with initial feedback provided to the ITS development group.
- An issue with the single sign on (SSO) configuration with SiteImprove has been corrected and access to that application is moving forward with remaining coordinators and stewards.
- Site level moves for the internal/external split are under review by ITS and Marketing, and once complete will lead to conversations with you and your site stewards.
- Please continue to review and revise mass migrated pages. This includes content updates, page consolidation, and remediation of old images and documents from Ektron sites.
If you have any questions around this message or any other WordPress-related concerns, please contact the team via email at WCM-Support@nau.edu. Thank you for the continued support and involvement in delivering a high-quality OneNAU website!
Chad and the NAU WordPress Team