Discover the different roles involved in website support
Unit Web Coordinator (UWC) Accordion Closed
- Appointed by unit leadership
- Only unit rep that can request a site
- Acts as a liaison between unit leadership and Site Stewards
- Ideally is fully-trained in WordPress
Site Steward (SS) Accordion Closed
- “Hands-on” role responsible for a site or sites
- Is fully-trained in WordPress
- Approves access for editors
- Communicates information between UWC and site editors
WordPress publisher roles
There are various permission levels that can be assigned on websites:
Contributor Accordion Closed
- Can create, edit, and delete their own unpublished posts
- Able to contribute content, but they can’t publish that content.
Author Accordion Closed
Has the same capabilities as Contributors, but also can:
- Publish, edit, and delete their own published posts
- Upload media elements
Editor Accordion Closed
The standard and most common role given to WordPress users. Has the same capabilities as Authors, but also can:
- Publish, edit, and delete anyone’s content
- Moderate comments and manage categories
Administrator Accordion Closed
Has the same capabilities as Editors, but also can:
- Make changes to a site’s settings and various plugins.
Specialized roles Accordion Closed
There are several specialized roles available to be added in addition to the four roles above, including: table manager, form manager, and menu manager. Inquiries about how to obtain these roles can be directed to the WCM Support Team.
Website support roles
Academic unit site support Accordion Closed
If your site falls under an academic unit (ex: COE, Gear Up, Ethnic Studies, Psychological Sciences, Bat Ecology Genetics, etc.), it is supported by the Marketing Department.