Social media guidelines
Following specific social media guidelines, you can work to ensure success across a variety of digital platforms. Explore our guidelines for support or contact us with your questions.
Drive engagement with technical precision
It is important to maintain effective and engaging social media content, whether you run an account for your department or support larger university social media channels. As you develop your social media content and strategies, keep these best practices in mind. When in doubt, refer to NAU’s official guidelines and policies.
- Ensure that your images are cropped and sized appropriately to avoid important content or design elements being cut off.
- Ensure that your imagery adheres to university branding and color contrast accessibility guidelines.
- Avoid putting too much text on a social media post or image; instead, direct your audience to a webpage with additional information.
- Keep up with our monthly trend updates.
- Engage with your audience by replying to comments.
- Follow similar social accounts and interact with those accounts to increase the quantity and quality of your followers.