Best practices for working with Information Technology Services
This best practices guide is designed for individuals within Student Affairs units. You will learn the best practices for interacting with Information Technology Services (ITS), and you will familiarize yourself with the support offered through the Strategic Initiatives and Operations (SASI) team. As process and product owners, you are responsible for ensuring that things work and coordinating with the appropriate teams to restore your service.
When to contact ITS directly
There may be times when you will need to work directly with ITS to ensure that your service or process is working. Situations when you would interact with ITS directly may vary, including some of the examples listed here:
- You are not able to log into Salesforce, PeopleSoft, or Canvas
- The system your office owns is not working
- Your computer is not working
When you contact ITS, it is good to have the following information:
- Name, UserID
- URL or name of the site or service that is not working
- Specific information about what is not working
- The last time things were working correctly
- Examples of student IDs that are not working (if applicable)
- Screenshot of what is happening (if possible)
At times, you may need help when you interact with ITS. If you wish to have SASI help, please submit a ServiceNow incident and include “Please assign to Student Affairs Business Analyst” in the short description. Please provide the information above in your ticket to help the SASI team quickly assist you. If you have questions about what to do or where to start, you are always welcome to email SASI@nau.edu, and we can help you get started.