Online, Commuter, and Transfer students
OISS partners and collaborates with many campus departments and external off campus partners.
A key partner is University Admissions for students coming from other institutions. Transfer students may refer to the online admissions checklist.
Be sure to stay connected with the Transfer and Online Connections (TOC) department as they provide a wide range of services for non-Flagstaff NAU students.
The Student Service Center offers students a one-stop area to get help from the Registrar, Financial Aid, and Student Accounts staff.
Interested in building your knowledge on software and soft skills for free? Visit Udemy using your NAU login info to check out this FREE resource of over 100,000 courses for students and staff.
Are you a student in need of personal, professional and confidential counseling? Our office partners with the NAU Counseling Services office and during the academic year, Dr. Angela Enno, Multicultural Counselor, provides virtual counseling services. NAU students may text Dr. Enno at (928) 380-6869 to schedule a phone or Zoom meeting.
Student coming to campus in their car should review the campus parking guidelines to avoid receiving a parking violation/ticket. NAU shuttle buses are free and the local Mountain Line bus route 10 is also free with an NAU ID.
In addition to TOC, we can offer the following services:
Financial Aid guidance Accordion Closed
- Employment/Career Development
Academic guidance Accordion Closed
- Review your degree progression plan
- Referral to Academic Success Center for Weekly Tutoring Program (WTP) for additional tutoring support for select courses
- Overview of academic standing (probation, continued probation, suspension)
- Tips and strategies on how to be successful in your class(s)
Personal & cultural support Accordion Closed
- Guidance related to transitioning to college life
- Balancing multiple roles (student, family, cultural obligations, etc.) while in college classes
- Adjusting to living or commuting to Flagstaff or being an online student
Be sure to check out the Guide for Student Resources to learn about additional support services for you.
We would be happy to meet with you and contact us to schedule a 15-, 30-, or 45-minute appointment in advance.
This gives you our dedicated time to share your concern and/or questions.
We look forward to meeting you!