The Indige-Peer Mentoring program helps new incoming Indigenous students have a smooth transition to university life by providing strategies for success, sharing about campus resources, acclimating to campus life, and making new friends.
- Strong leadership skills and enthusiasm for helping others
- Organized, dependable, and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outgoing personality and an interest in sharing personal collegiate experiences
- Positive attitude and knowledge of NAU support services/resources/programs
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively in-person (in front of up to 25 students in a class or in a group presentation setting), phone, email, social media
- Self-motivated and works well in a team environment
- Currently enrolled as a full-time Flagstaff campus student
- Sophomore status or higher (30 units or more) as an undergraduate student
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Commit 10-15 hours/week to the position
- One year of experience living and/or working with Native American, Alaskan Native and/or Native Hawaiian populations
- Clean background and driving record (with valid state driver’s license)
- Commitment to complete required training
- Willing to work some weekends and/or evenings (with advance notification)
CRLA Certified Level 1 Training is required (training dates to be determined).
NOTE: Job posting will open Dec. 1, 2019 for the 2020-21 academic year and applicants must apply through Handshake.
For more information, contact Simeona Beasley or Kiara Weathersby at 928-523-8086.