The Indige-Peer Mentoring program helps new incoming Indigenous students transition smoothly to university life by providing strategies for success, sharing about campus resources, acclimating to campus life, and making new friends.
- Strong leadership skills and enthusiasm for helping others
- Organized, dependable, and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outgoing personality and an interest in sharing personal collegiate experiences
- Positive attitude and knowledge of NAU support services/resources/programs
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated to work independently and is a contributing member of a team
- Currently enrolled NAU undergraduate – must have completed one year of full-time coursework as an NAU Flagstaff campus student.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Be in good university conduct standing
- Commit 10-15 hours/week to the position
Successful applicants must also complete the required training program(s) during the following timelines:
- CRLA Certified Level 1 Training is REQUIRED for all new mentors during the spring 2023 term.
- Safe Zone Training is to be completed during the fall 2022 term.
- Additional REQUIRED trainings may be held during the fall 2022 term.
NOTE: Job posting has closed for the 2021-22 academic year.
UPDATE: ALL POSITIONS HAVE BEEN FILLED.
For more information, contact Kiara Weathersby at 928-523-8061.