The following resources can help you improve upon your application through mastery of your prerequisite courses.
Recitation Courses Accordion Closed
- A recitation is an instructor led review of course materials in the form of a one unit pass/fail course. This can very often result in better exam/quiz for your graded courses as well as improve your mastery of the material.
- Attendance is critical to get a passing grade, but no additional homework or assignments are given in the recitation. In other words, if you show up, you pass the course.
- Recitation courses are designated by an “R” suffix (ie. CHM 151R) and are usually offered for the following courses: CHM 151, 152, 235, 238; and PHY 111, 112, 161, 262. Enroll in these courses through LOUIE.
- Speak with your academic advisor or a premed advisor for more information.
Supplemental Instruction (SI) Accordion Closed
- Supplemental Instruction (SI) is a free program where a student who previously took the course (SI leader), now sits in class with you and hears everything the instructor says.
- During a student led session that is during a specific day/time, the SI leader will review the material and even hold test reviews closer to exam dates.
- The SI leaders often have access to old exams/quizzes/assignments from your professor as well as creates their own formula sheets or study guides.
- Students who attend SI regularly earn fewer Ds and Fs than students who don’t utilize SI, and –on average– get a higher final course grade.
- There is nothing to sign up for. All you need to do is show up!
Free Individual Tutoring Accordion Closed
- Looking for One-on-One Tutoring? Schedule an appointment online at the Academic Success Centers!
- Certain subjects are only available at the North or South Centers.