New Incoming Students
Welcome to NAU!
Spring 2023 Admits: Please follow the steps below to enroll and meet with your Academic Advisor. Watch this quick video for more information on Academic Advising and how to find your Academic Advisor.
Fall 2023 Admits: Check back after February 1, 2023 for more information!!
Step One: Priority Enrollment Accordion Closed
Step Two: Online Module Accordion Closed
If you are part of the NAU Honors College, please select the “Honors Advising Module”. Everyone else, please select “Advising Module”.
Completing this quick module is a required step prior to attending an advising appointment. Please watch the videos, review the information, and complete the survey at the end. This module will teach you how to review your degree requirements and select classes.
Step Three: Advising Appointment Accordion Closed
New incoming students can schedule a 30-minute appointment with an Academic Advisor to review their major and transfer credit, finalize their schedule, and ask questions. Appointments are available In-Person, Online (Zoom), and by Phone.
Academic Advising (non-Honors students)
- Make an appointment with a First-Year Academic Advisor nau.edu/appointments
- This defaults to your assigned Academic Advisor’s availability, but you can meet with any First-Year Advisor. Click “show all” to see all advisors’ availability.
Academic Advising (Honors students)
- Make an appointment with a First-Year Honors Academic Advisor at nau.edu/appointments
- This defaults to your assigned Academic Advisor’s availability, but you can meet any First-Year Honors Advisor.
Prior to your Appointment
- Complete the appropriate module from Step 2
- Gather any test results (SAT, ACT, AP…) or College transcripts to review with your Academic Advisor.
After your Appointment
- Complete any “to-do” items provided by your Academic Advisor