New Incoming Students
Welcome to NAU!
If you have any questions about the following process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 928-523-4772. All emails will be answered within 3 business days.
Please follow these steps to complete your enrollment and advising for the fall 2023 semester.
Note that Step 3 will open for New Students April 1st. We thank you in advance for your patience as we work diligently throughout the summer to onboard new students.
Step One: Priority Enrollment Accordion Closed
Your first term enrollment at NAU begins by completing a Priority Enrollment (PE) profile. Your advisor will use this profile to evaluate your placements, transfer credit, and begin enrollment into your first semester’s classes.
You will receive an email to your NAU email when an advisor has started your enrollment; please check your email often and follow up on any action items presented by your advisor.
Step Two: Online Module Accordion Closed
Completing the module(s) is a required step prior to meeting with your Academic Advisor. You will learn about degree requirements, enrolling, and how to review your schedule.
All students complete the Advising Module, and any student in the Honors College should also complete the supplementary Honors Module.
If you would like to use the information learned from watching the module to attempt self-enrollment prior to meeting your advisor, we invite you to do so!
Step Three: Advising Appointment (Opens April 1st) Accordion Closed
You can schedule a 30-minute advising appointment to finalize your schedule and have your questions answered. Appointments are available over Zoom, phone, and in-person, and will be happening April 1 through the start of the fall term.
- If you are attending an in-person Orientation session this summer, advising appointments will NOT be available as a part of that agenda. Please schedule an appointment before or after your Orientation session.
Schedule your appointment using our online appointment planner.
- We recommend you meet with your assigned academic advisor. This person has been specially assigned to you based on your academic plan.
- Summer is a busy time for advisors and it is typical for them to schedule out 2-4 weeks; we thank you in advance for your patience.
If you run into issues with the planner, please email email@example.com or call 928-523-4772
Prior to your Appointment
- Complete the appropriate module from Step 2
- Gather any test results (SAT, ACT, AP…) or College transcripts to review with your Academic Advisor.
After your Appointment
- Complete any “to-do” items provided by your Academic Advisor