New Incoming Students
- FRESHMEN students: Follow the steps on the New Incoming Students page on our First-Year Advising website.
- TRANSFER students: Submit a Priority Enrollment profile and then schedule an appointment with your Academic Advisor.
Who is my advisor?
How do I schedule an appointment with my advisor?
University Advising – Welcome
Advisors are Here for You
NAU is proud to support each individual student by assigning a professional advisor upon admission. Academic advisors guide and support students as they progress through their academic careers. Advisors assist with degree selection, course selection and sequencing, resource and tool referral, enrollment, policy interpretation, and coach students through their academic requirements and challenges. NAU Advisors care about student success and provide students with a wealth of information.
How to meet with an Academic Advisor:
Currently Enrolled Students:
- By Appointment and Drop-In: nau.edu/appointments
- For complete Drop-In hours: find Drop-In under “Advisor Directory” in the menu above
- Email or call your advisor: find advisor contact information under “Advisor Directory” in the menu above.
New Spring 2024 students:
- First Year Students: follow steps at nau.edu/newfreshmanadvising
- Transfer, statewide, and online students: