Student Affairs Analytics & Assessment
The focus of NAU’s Analytics & Assessment office within Student Affairs
The SA Analytics and Assessment Office is a resource that provides strategic analytics and meaningful assessment within and across SA departments. The goal of the department is to provide information that enhances the student experience and improves student success. To that end, we provide a range of analyses from students’ first contact with the university through their entire career here, including:
- Operational reports, such as targeted population outreach lists, cohort academic and demographic profiles, and program participation data
- Assessment of resource use, student opinion and satisfaction , student learning and development, and campus climate
- Evaluation of program and divisional effectiveness related to student retention and academic performance and progress.
SA Analytics & Assessment Team
Assessment is important to each department of Students Affairs and the Assessment Team helps lead efforts to better understand how our services and programs are working, what is successful, and what needs improvement.
The SA Assessment Team works to align departmental goals with the division and university strategic plans to ensure progress in achieving those goals while charting future directions to improve programs and achieve success.
Analytics & Assessment groups
The SA Assessment Office relies on groups of representatives across the division to conduct assessment within our departments, engage in the application of assessment findings to improve our programs/services, and act as liaisons between offices. The SA Assessment groups include:
- The Survey Team reviews survey content to eliminate redundancy, ensure quality, and coordinate survey administrations to reduce student survey fatigue and prevent competition for survey respondents across the division.
- The Event Assessment Group focuses on evaluating the impact of event attendance on participating students. The group shares assessment techniques and reviews divisional assessment efforts to measure learning and development across events.
- The Program Planning group works to align program efforts with desired outcomes, processes results with peers, and shares assessment techniques helpful to program management.