The university recognizes specific holidays during the year and provides paid time off for employees at these designated times.
All regular employees are eligible for paid holiday leave.
If you …
- do not work a holiday – you will be paid at your current straight-time rate of pay for the hours you did not work within your regular work schedule
- are required to work on a holiday – you will be paid at your current straight-time rate of pay for all the hours you work. In addition, you will be granted commensurate time off during the same or subsequent work week for each holiday worked.
- are on unpaid leave of absence or in an unpaid status – you will not receive holiday pay or credit for a holiday that falls within that leave.
Official university holidays have been designated by the President as follows:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veteran’s Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Friday after Thanksgiving
- Winter Holiday
- President’s Designated Holiday