Arizona Board of Regents Performance Appraisals Requirements Summary
In January 2015, the following procedures and instruments for evaluation of administrators were approved in accordance with the Arizona Board of Regents Policy 6-108, Evaluation of Administrators.
These procedures shall be used for Administrators – vice presidents, deans, associate/assistant vice presidents, and other appointed staff subject to the Conditions of Administrative Service.
This policy generally requires the following:
- administrators to be reviewed at least every 12 months;
- a participative process whereby performance objectives and goals, as well as professional growth targets are developed;
- an assessment of the individual’s actual performance and accomplishments by the unit administrator, evaluating each area of assigned responsibility, including achievement of affirmative action goals;
- a flexible, but somewhat uniform, process approved by university administration;
- an opportunity for the employee to include their comments as part of the official record;
- the opportunity for review at the next administrative level for an employee who may disagree with their performance evaluation; and
- a written record of performance that supports personnel decisions.