Faculty & Staff Directory
Overview Accordion Open
The Faculty/Staff Directory integration allows you to generate a directory that pulls information from multiple personnel systems. This feature eliminates the need to manually create and maintain a list of faculty and staff in your department and ensures that data is a source from a central repository. The Directory is base on College, Academic Organization, or LDAP Node, which is the technical name for the organizational unit that a person belongs to in the personnel system.
Directory data pulls from LDAP and Faculty 180. When a person is a faculty member, a Faculty Profile is created. The Faculty Profile data is a source from Faculty 180.
How-To Accordion Closed
To set up a Directory page:
- Create a new page.
- Select Staff Directory from the Template dropdown list.
- Click Publish to activate the template on the page. The NAU Directory panel appears.
- Select the radio button for either College, Academic Department, Division, or Non-Academic Department.
- The dropdown lists for each option change, depending on which radio button you select.
- The Non-Academic field appears below College, Academic Department, and Division to create a custom directory.
- Select the appropriate group from the dropdown list.
- Click Update and preview the page.
- Text entered in the text editor appears above the Directory list
- You do not need to enter any custom content to this page
- You can create multiple Directory pages
In circumstances where auto-generated directories cannot be used, you can choose from the following manual directory layouts. These are not intended to replace the functionality of the Directory and will be approved on a case-by-case basis.
Troubleshooting & FAQ Accordion Closed
The information in the NAU Directory is not accurate for my department, how do we fix it?
Each department has a Directory Maintainer whose responsibility it is to maintain the information. They may change information such as a building, office, or phone number. This individual can work with the Solution Center to ensure information is being entered in such a way to display correctly on the Faculty/Staff Directory pages.
Don’t know who your Directory Maintainer is?
Contact the Solution Center at 928-523-1511.
Our department has people who fall outside of traditional faculty and staff. How can we be sure they are in our directory?
- Alumni board members
- Staff members that are being compensated by a government grant
- Professor Emeritus’ who teach but are not on the payroll
Directory entries are initially pulled from PeopleSoft HR data; however, the Directory Administrator for a department may add anybody with an NAU UserID to the directory. People who are not in the HR system may be granted Affiliate status, which will provide them with an NAU UserID. The Directory Administrator may then add them to that department’s directory. Visit the Affiliate website to learn more.
I am a faculty member and I don’t want a faculty profile published on the website.
Faculty 180 data is governed by the Provost. Please follow up with that office.
What about other Faculty 180 information, such as CV, Bio, Publications, or Areas of Research?
These items will be addressed in a future phase of the Faculty/Staff Directory pages, as the adoption of use and data governance policies are implemented for Faculty 180. For answers to specific questions or timeline, contact the Vice Provost for Academic Personnel.