Important: You can only have one button per page!
Overview Accordion Open
The button shortcode allows you to add one button to your page. You can always add links to your page, but sometimes a button is preferred.
How to decide to use a button or a link?
Use a button when you require users to complete some sort of transaction, such as completing a form, making a purchase, or signing up for a newsletter.
Use a link when you want users to navigate to another page, either on or off your website.
Buttons don’t belong inside of tabs! The example may be found below (on the mobile view, you’ll need to scroll to the bottom of the content to see the example).
How-To Accordion Closed
- Select button.
- The shortcode appears in the text editor.
- Insert your cursor between the shortcode bookends.
- Add the text for the button.
- Select all of the text and click the hyperlink button.
- Enter the URL for the button.
Troubleshooting Accordion Closed
If your button isn’t behaving the way you’d expect, check the following:
- Ensure that the text for your shortcode is complete, all brackets are present and the closing brackets contain a forward slash “/”
- Check that the URL for the destination is complete and accurate
- Check the title of the button