Mission & goals
Mission Accordion Open
To empower students and alumni to confidently navigate their careers as citizens of an evolving and global world.
Goals Accordion Closed
- Provide tools to develop a foundation of self-awareness including knowledge of one’s strengths, interests, and values.
- Coach others in the accumulation of identity capital through the deliberate process of selecting and reflecting on experiences in and out of the classroom.
- Serve as career development thought-leaders and innovators at NAU and beyond.
- Collaborate with multiple stake-holders to establish a culture of professionalism on campus.
- Facilitate relationships and create opportunities for employer and student interaction on and off campus.
- Connect students to alumni, parents, and members of the local community to strengthen opportunities for professional growth.
- Provide tools to facilitate the integration of career into curricular and co-curricular experiences.
Student Employment Mission Statement Accordion Closed
Student Employment applies student development theory, career development theory, and contemporary research to:
- Assist students in finding and securing employment that meets their goals and needs,
- Facilitate evidence-based professional development opportunities for current student employees to ensure their career-readiness upon graduation, and
- Provide on-campus employers with the guidance and tools needed to create meaningful experiences for student employees throughout the student employment life-cycle.