Two column layout
Overview Accordion Open
Columns give you the chance to split your pages and display content in an appealing way. The examples below show a couple of approaches to using a two column layout.
Example 01: Two columns of text with headers
This is the first column, full of interesting information.
This is the second column. The column may or may not have a header, depending on whether it is continuing the information from the first column or is a new piece of information.
Example 02: Two columns with an image and text
Create an interesting layout by filling one column of a two-column layout with an image, and the other with text.
How-To Accordion Closed
How to add two columns
- Select column, then select half from the dropdown menu.
The shortcode appears in the text editor.
- Insert your cursor between the shortcode bookends and hit Enter to put them onto separate lines.
- Enter content into each column.
Image/text 2 column layout
- Use this approach in 2-column layouts. (On narrower screens, the right column will be stacked below the left column.)
- Use any Large image format. (This ensures that images will look correct on narrower devices.)
- In most cases, you will want to edit your copy so that it is roughly the same height as your image.
- Align the image Center within the WordPress editor.
Troubleshooting Accordion Closed
Check the following list if your columns are not appearing as intended:
- Ensure you specified the correct number of columns
- Check the image ratios and sizes, and resize if necessary
- Ensure that the text for your shortcode is complete, all brackets are present and the closing brackets contain a forward slash “/”.