One column layout
Overview Accordion Open
Columns give you the chance to split your pages and display content in an appealing way. A one, or single, column layout is a great approach for a text-heavy page and/or when you want to add a small image like an author headshot, a logo, or a simple graphic to lend context to a paragraph of text.
Example 01: Block of text with left aligned image
This is a one column layout with a left-aligned image. The top of the text aligns with the top of the image.
In the mobile view, a left or right-aligned image will be positioned above the text.
When there’s more text content than the height of the image, the text will wrap to the left margin underneath the image, like this one does when we continue to add information such as with a longer article or similar text-heavy block of text.
Example 02: Block of text with center aligned image
This example shows how a block of text will appear with a center aligned image.
In the mobile view, a center-aligned image will be positioned between the paragraphs the same as in the desktop view.
How-To Accordion Closed
How to add a column
- Use this approach with single column layouts only.
- Use Small Square, Small Portrait, or Small Landscape image formats.
- Align the image Left, Right, or Centered within the WordPress editor.
- Enter your text
Troubleshooting Accordion Closed
Check the following list if your columns are not appearing as intended:
- Ensure you specified the correct number of columns
- Check the image ratios and sizes, and resize if necessary
- Ensure that the text for your shortcode is complete, all brackets are present and the closing brackets contain a forward slash “/”.