NAU Peer Institutions are assigned by the Arizona Board of Regents (ABOR). These are institutions that share similar characteristics with NAU.
The Carnegie Classification™ is the leading framework for recognizing and describing institutional diversity in U.S. higher education. The Carnegie Commission on Higher Education developed a classification of colleges and universities to support its program of research and policy analysis. NAU is currently classified as a public, high research university.
If you cannot retrieve the data you need because of an accessibility issue due to a disability, please email Institutional.Research@nau.edu.
NAU ABOR Peer Institutions
- Bowling Green State University – Main Campus
- George Mason University
- Georgia State University
- Kent State University – Kent Campus
- Northern Illinois University
- Ohio University – Main Campus
- Old Dominion University
- Southern Illinois University Carbondale
- The University of Alabama
- University of Akron – Main Campus
- University of Maine
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- Western Michigan University
- Wichita State University