NAU Peer Institutions are assigned by the Arizona Board of Regents (ABOR). These are institutions that share similar characteristics with NAU.
The Carnegie Classification™ is the leading framework for recognizing and describing institutional diversity in U.S. higher education. The Carnegie Commission on Higher Education developed a classification of colleges and universities to support its program of research and policy analysis. NAU is currently classified as a public, high research university.
If you cannot retrieve the data you need because of an accessibility issue due to a disability, please email Institutional.Research@nau.edu.
NAU ABOR Peer Institutions
- Ball State University
- Central Michigan University
- East Carolina University
- Illinois State University
- Mississippi State University
- Old Dominion University
- Sam Houston State University
- Towson University
- University of Akron – Main Campus
- University of Louisiana at Lafayette
- University of North Georgia
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Western Michigan University