HIP Wellness Program
HealthyU is now HIP
The Health Impact Program (HIP), has replaced the former HealthyU program wellness program. HIP is open to all employees on the NAU BCBSAZ health insurance plan AND employees on State of Arizona health care plans.
Sign up for your HIP/Virgin Pulse account at join.virginpulse.com/hip. Already a HIP/Virgin Pulse member? Sign in at member.virginpulse.com
To create a HIP account:
Your member ID number will be 77 followed by your 7-digit NAU ID number. The NAU ID number is listed on your Jacks card or LOUIE/Peoplesoft account.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For assistance with passwords or other technical issues, contact email@example.com.
For more detailed information, please view the NAU HIP Program Guide for 2023.
Check out these HIP Tips to earn points!
HIP Tips Accordion Closed
Looking for more ways to earn HIP points? Record your initial COVID 19 vaccine for 2500 points, and one booster vaccine for 500 points.
Where do I record these points? Sign on to your account at member.virginpulse.com, then click on “Home” at the top of the page, then “Rewards.” Scroll down to the “Participation” block. Select “COVID-19 Vaccine” enter requested information and earn 2500 points. If you have received a booster vaccine since January 1, 2023, select “COVID 19 Booster” and add requested information and earn 500 points. You may record your initial vaccine one time, and one booster/year.
Complete your daily checklist!
Take 10-20 minutes out of your day to earn up to 180 points by completing this checklist!
Completing this checklist for 30 days will earn you 5,400 points.
- Browse healthy recipes (10 points)
- Track your sleep, without a device (10 points)
- Track your healthy habits (30 points)
- Complete a rethink care session (20 points)
- Record 5,000 steps in a day (50 points)
- Do your daily cards (40 points)
- Complete a journey step (20 points)
Add Wellness Workshops/Webinars:
Attend a wellness workshop or webinar and record it on your HIP account for 250 points/workshop. Any workshop that is health or wellness related sponsored by NAU, EAW, HR or other entities count toward HIP points.
To record points: Sign into your account, click on Home > Rewards and scroll down to Participation > Wellness Webinar/Seminar Attestation Form. Complete the requested information and you will earn 250 points for each workshop recorded. You may record up to four workshops (1000 points total).
Complete HIP high-value point activities:
These HIP activities are worth the most amount of points. Get these activities done and watch your points soar!
- Complete the Health Check Survey (1000 points)
- Add your COVID vaccine (2500 points)
- Attend your annual physical (5000 points)
- Complete the Mini Health Screen (1000 points)
Make Time for HIP:
The HIP wellness platform requires frequent engagement to reach the $300 reward. Make time in your schedule for HIP to earn points and support your wellbeing with these tips:
- Set aside 15-30 minutes a week to complete the daily checklist as well as choose and schedule time to finish HIP programs to earn points.
- Example: I will spend 15-30 minutes every Friday at lunch to finish HIP activities and earn points.
- Put this time on your calendar and treat it as a task!
- Be sure to schedule time once a month to complete other activities, like one-time programs, quarterly activities, and preventive care appointments.
Do these activities every three months to get closer to reaching the $300 reward. Be sure to put time on your calendar to complete the quarterly checklist!
- Attend a wellness webinar (250 points) visit wellness.az.gov/classes for the webinar schedule
- Choose your sleep profile (250 points)
- Complete a journey (450 points)
- Set your interests (100 points)
High-point Opportunities and Programs:
These activities may require appointment scheduling, but they will earn you plenty of points! Get these appointments on your calendar sooner rather than later, and log them in your HIP account.
- Complete 1 preventive care activity (500 points each)
- Dental checkup
- Flu shot
- Donate blood (500 points)
- Get your annual blood lab work (500 points)
- Complete the Diabetes Prevention Program (1000 points)
Don’t let your checklists overwhelm you!
You can still earn rewards as you make your way towards 50,000 points.
- Earn $25 at 7,000 points
- Earn a total of $75 at 25,000 points
- Earn a total of $175 at 35,000 points
Get yourself- and others- involved!
Check out these ways to be social and earn points on the HIP wellness platform.
- Add a profile picture (100 points)
- Add 5 friends – send your coworkers a Teams message to add you! (250 points)
- Add a friend outside your company – text your friends and family that they will be receiving an invite email from you (100 points)
- Join the company challenge (100 points)
(Do not email sensitive information, as email is not confidential or private)