Executive Advisory Board
The Executive Advisory Board (EAB) is composed of 7 American Indian investigators who have years of experience as accomplished, federally funded researchers. This Board offers knowledge gained from their own academic training, research careers and collaborations with clinic and community based American Indian populations.
Collectively, this group has seen and participated in changing the face of research in Indian Country. As American Indians and researchers, they are the vanguard. For the CAIR investigators, the Executive Advisory Board will:
- Provide examples or links to examples of resilience yielding favorable health outcomes
- Contribute to the development of testable models of resilience
- Through the opportunity to annually network and share ideas, will enhance the mentorship opportunities and the evolving professionalism of all CAIR investigators
- Paul V. Dutton, PhD – Professor and Executive Director, Interdisciplinary Health Policy Institute (NAU) (Chair)
- Linda Burhansstipanov, DrPH – President, Native American Cancer Initiatives, Inc.
- Spero M. Manson, PhD – Professor of Public Health and Psychiatry
- Michael E. Bird, MPH – Director, Native American AIDS Prevention Center
- Jennie Joe, PhD – Family and Community Medicine (UA) (Retired)
- Julie Baldwin, PhD – Professor, Department of Community and Family Health, College of Public Health, University of South Florida
- Donald Warne, MD, MPH – Professor, Department of Public Health at North Dakota State University (Chair), Senior Policy Advisor to the Great Plains Tribal Chairmen’s Health Board
- Leo Nolan, M.Ed. – Associate Faculty Member, Center for American Indian Health,