Join the Staff Advisory Council
Being a part of the Staff Advisory Council (SAC) gives you the opportunity to interact and engage with various groups and individuals from across campus and statewide giving you a deeper understanding of Northern Arizona University operations and leadership.
If you are interested in serving on the Staff Advisory Council, please do the following:
- Fill out the Member Nomination Form or Member-Self Nomination Form
- Email the completed form to Erin Kruse (Erin.Kruse@nau.edu) and Jose Diaz Aquino (Jose.DiazAquino@nau.edu) by Friday, October 1st at 5:00 pm
Applicants Accordion Closed
- Applications can be submitted by any university staff employee. Applications can be found on our website and are open year-round.
- Applicants must be in good standing with the university (neither on administrative leave nor with disciplinary action pending).
- Applicants must have performed at minimum standards or better as a benefit-eligible employee for a minimum of one consecutive year.
- Exceptions can be made to become a member of the council if you have been an employee for less than one year with supervisors’ approval.
- Current voting members of the Council will review applications and confirm appointment by majority vote.
Members and Terms Accordion Closed
- Expected to commit to a three-year term.
- Be in good standing with the university (neither on administrative leave nor with disciplinary action pending).
- The Council will submit a list of confirmed members to the Vice President of Human Resources and the Office of the President at the beginning of each academic year.
- The Council will consist of no more than twenty-five (25) benefit-eligible staff employees with priority given to the underrepresented classification.
- Council members should be representative of a variety of departments at Northern Arizona University. A concerted effort will be made to ensure diversity of representation on the Council.
- Should a vacancy occur, the Council will confirm an appointment from the current list of eligible applicants.
- As the Council evolves, the Executive Board will review the composition of the members annually to determine fair representation. The resulting analysis may task the Executive Board with requesting long-term members to step down to allow new members to join.
Member Responsibilities Accordion Closed
- Members shall attend all general meetings (in-person or remotely), vote, and may serve on one or more NAU committees/commissions annually.
- Members who are unable to attend a meeting shall notify the Secretary in advance of the meeting to document their absence.
- Excessive absences of any type may subject a member to removal from the Council with final decision being made by the Executive Board.
- Membership may be vacated by written resignation, addressed to the President of the Council.
Nomination Forms Accordion Closed
If you have any questions or concerns regarding SAC or the membership application process, contact Jose Diaz Aquino, SAC President, at 928-523-5704.