Questions, Comments, Concerns? Ask your staff representative.
Classified Staff Representative
Service Professional Representative
Staff Advisory Council (SAC) History
In 1989, Human Resources proposed to the President’s Council that NAU form an advisory council to involve classified staff in university issues. A group was selected to assess the idea and make a recommendation. As a result, a proposed charter was approved. After two years of planning and review, NAU’s Classified Staff Advisory Council (CSAC) was officially recognized on November 14, 1991. The Service Professional Advisory Council (SPAC) soon followed and was formed when NAU distinguished between two separate staff classifications. Through 2020 both councils …
MISSION Accordion Closed
Northern Arizona University’s Staff Advisory Council provides a forum for discussing the role of staff, and for understanding, sharing, and supporting staff interests throughout the university community. The Staff Advisory Council advocates for the needs of staff and serves as a conduit for communication and information exchange between university staff and executive leadership on existing and proposed policies, procedures, and programs that impact or are of interest to staff. We also provide and foster opportunities for community outreach and engagement.
VISION Accordion Closed
A total of five (5) distinct statements were identified as a focus of the Staff Advisory Council:
- Provide input to executive leadership and recommend changes on a variety of programs, policies, procedures, and issues affecting staff.
- Foster effective and productive dialogue between university staff and leadership, and other stake holders.
- Inform executive leadership on survey results pertaining to the current state of staff community and culture.
- Promote the participation of staff in university-wide decision-making by nominating Staff Advisory Council membership on university committees and task forces.
- Provide benefits and services to staff and the community through special events and philanthropy.
BYLAWS Accordion Closed
Most recent Bylaws.
Approved August 18, 2021