Veteran Support Program
The Journey for Underrepresented Medical Professionals (JUMP) sponsors a Veteran Support Program (VSP) at Northern Arizona University (NAU). This program is housed in the College of Health and Human Services.
The Veteran Support Program Scholars will be able to participate in:
- Academic support tailored to the unique needs of Veteran students
- Guidance and educational support through your college career
- Peer-to-peer mentorship
- Professional Connections through program events
- Direction in navigating Veteran Administration (VA) processes and accessing VA benefits
The VSP Coordinator
- As an Educational Services Officer (ESO), he briefed service members on educational opportunities and benefits they could utilize to pursue a degree and the importance of completing an educational program.
- As a Command Career Counselor he advised service members on maximizing their military careers, resources that exist to support their academic endeavors, procedures for transitioning from military to civilian careers, and coordinate employment workshops.
- As the Senior Enlisted Leader for his unit, he overseen all aspects of the above listed programs for over 75 military members across 20 career fields, including those that serve in medical rates/MOS.
- In transitioning from military service to civilian life.
- Navigating the processes of obtaining veteran benefits that aid in funding a veteran student’s education.
- Provide students that have transitioned from active duty service to reserve or National Guard duty with resources for balancing their service requirements and educational endeavors.
Contact Bobby J. Cast