HealthPAth is a part of the Northern Arizona University Journey for Underrepresented Medical Professionals. The program is designed to create a pathway for students who applied for the Physician Assistant (PA) program and were not granted an interview to become competitive in the following application cycle.
HealthPAth accepts seven scholars who will have an opportunity to strengthen their education endowment, science socialization, and network development through exposure to basic science, writing skills, and hands-on healthcare experience.
Upon being accepted into HealthPAth scholars will:
- Have access to one-on-one tutoring
- Create an individual development plan with a mentor guided by feedback on their previous PA program application
- Receive guidance on completing their FAFSA and applying for scholarships
Upon completion of the HealthPAth program, all seven scholars will be offered an interview for the PA program at Northern Arizona University and at least two of the seven scholars will be guaranteed acceptance to the PA program.
Each student will receive a $4,500 stipend for participation in the program.
- HealthPAth is a year long program exposing participants to nine graduate, non-degree seeking credit hours of curriculum.
- Scholars must complete each semester with a 3.0 GPA or higher to move on the next semester. One-on-one tutoring will be available for support in completion of the curriculum.
- Scholars will enroll in a course sequence of Fundamentals of Health and Disease as follows:
- 4 credit hours in the fall
- 3 credit hours in the spring
- 2 credit hours in the summer