Arrival and general information
Thank you for join us for the 8th International Conference on Mycorrhiza! This page will be updated regularly with useful information.
Free conference parking is available at the High Country Conference Center parking lot, 201 West Butler Avenue, Flagstaff, AZ 86001. A permit is required to park in other campus locations, including Mountain View Hall. Please note that the conference will not be responsible for parking tickets.
Arizona Shuttle provides service between Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport and Northern Arizona University. They have offered ICOM8 participants a $2 discount per person for each direction. Visit the ICOM8 Arizona Shuttle web page and enter the code ICOM8 before proceeding to the next step. Internet reservations receive a $2 discount per person, each direction, so the ICOM8 code gives you an additional $2 per person for each direction. If you make your shuttle reservation over the phone, please make sure they mention that they’re part of this group and our dispatchers will apply the discount.
If you are taking Arizona Shuttle from Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport and staying in campus housing, please ask your shuttle driver to drop you off at Mountain View Hall. Just mention ICOM8 to your driver.
You conference registration fee includes a light breakfast and lunch each day of the conference except Wednesday, which is a free day for enjoying excursions and local sites. Conference breakfasts (7:30 to 8:30 AM) and lunches (noon-1:00 PM) will be served in The Peaks Ballroom at the conference center. All meals will include a vegetation option. Snacks and breaks will be served mid-morning and mid-afternoon each day except Wednesday.
The ICOM8 banquet will take place on Tuesday, October 4, from 7:00 to 9:30 PM in The Peaks Ballroom at the conference center. The banquet is included in your registration fee.
ICOM8 evening receptions will take place on Sunday (4 to 7 PM) and Monday (6:00 to 7:30 PM) at the North Union Patio (307 W. DuPont Avenue), which is right across the street from the conference center. Hot and cold hors d’oeuvres and non-alcoholic beverages are complimentary. The Monday night reception will feature complimentary beer from Mother Road Brewing Company, a Flagstaff favorite. Both receptions are included in your registration fee.
On Thursday evening, Wines of the World will be hosted at The Museum Club, which is a honkytonk bar right out of the history of the American West. Bring your cowboy boots and enjoy the chuck wagon dinner, western band, and western dance lessons. Participants are welcome to bring a bottle of wine from their home country to share with friends and colleagues.
Attire during the conference is summer casual. Please be sure to bring a light jacket or sweater for the air conditioned meeting rooms and for the cool Flagstaff evenings. Dress for the banquet is slightly more dressy, or nicer casual, with women in dresses or skirts (not required) and gentlemen in slacks and buttoned shirts.
If you have cowboy boots and a cowboy hat, please be sure to bring them for the Wines of the World banquet, which will feature western attire and dancing.
Staying on campus
Participants will be housed at Mountain View Hall (216 E. Mt. View, Flagstaff, AZ 86011), which is on the campus of Northern Arizona University and a short walk from High Country Conference Center, where ICOM8 is taking place.
Arizona Shuttle has agreed to drop passengers off at Mountain View Hall. Please mention ICOM8 to your driver and ask them to drop you off.
- You may begin to check in to campus housing at 12:00 PM on Sunday, August 2nd and you must check out by 12:00 pm on Saturday, August 8th
- Campus housing will provide sheets and towels, a small refrigerator, and fee WiFi, but other hotel-like amenities are not included.
- If you are checking in after 10:00 PM, the doors will be locked. You will need to call the “on call” number for the dormitory posted outside the doors and someone will be there to let you in and assist you with check-in.
- If you are checking out before 7:00 AM on Saturday, August 8th, you will need to leave your key with the front desk attendant or drop your room key into the after-hours box before you leave.
- If you need of a handicap accessible room, please contact ICOM8@nau.edu.
- The University will ticket anyone parked in the dormitory parking lot from Monday through Friday. Free parking will be provided at High Country Conference Center. On the weekends, feel free to pull your car up closer to the building to load/unload luggage.