A job interview is your time to shine! It’s a chance for a potential employer to learn more about your skills, knowledge set, and how you can add value to their team. They’ll be looking to get a sense of how you approach challenges, how you work, and what motivates you. However, a job interview is not just for their benefit. It’s a chance for you to learn more about a company: their values and culture, the specific responsibilities of a position, and what working at that company is really like. We’ve pulled together resources to help you prepare, including opportunities to do mock interviews. Stop by Room 121 to learn more.
- CDO’s interview tips Pinterest board
- Behavioral interviewing: S.T.A.R. Method (PDF)
- Informational interviewing tips and worksheet (PDF)
- Interview strategies
- Sample interview questions
- “The 45 Questions You Should Ask in Every Job Interview“
- Prepare for various job interview situations by reviewing these helpful tips
- Learn what to expect during an interview – preparation plays a big role in confidence.
- Make sure you’re communicating as much confidence with your body language as you are with your resume.
We have a set of sample questions that can be used for both mock interviews and formal interviews. Visit the CDO office (Room 121) for more resources and advice.
You should understand why and how to dress professionally, especially for your interviews. To help you with these expectations, review our Student’s Guide to Professional Dress presentation or review this helpful infographic, “How to Dress for an Interview”.
We’ve put together a few professional dress Pinterest boards to give you some ideas:
- Women’s business professional dress
- Women’s business casual
- Men’s business professional dress
- Men’s business casual