Search and hiring process
Northern Arizona University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. The Equity and Access Office provides guidance to the university community on employee recruitment and selection practices as those relate to equal opportunity, non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Equity and Access Office also provides training on and monitors the search processes for hiring faculty, academic professionals, and administrators. Other questions regarding advertising, hiring, on-boarding, compensation, benefits, payroll, employee relations, and the processes for hiring Classified Staff and Service Professional positions, should be directed to the Human Resources Department.
The university values a diverse workforce. In accordance with state and federal law and ABOR policy, NAU is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment through non-discriminatory open recruitment and hiring practices and affirmative action programs. Exceptions to open recruitment may be made pursuant to the Waiver of Recruitment Procedure when in the best interests of the university.
Search related forms and policies
- Administrative Hiring Process
- Background Check Forms
- Conference Interview Rules for Faculty Searches
- Faculty Search Guide
- Form A1: Vacancy Announcement Information
- Form A2: Recruitment Plan for Faculty Positions
- Form C: Appointment Staff and Faculty Hiring Information
- Hiring Process for Faculty and Academic Professionals (Conditions of Faculty Service, Appendix C)
- Partner Assistance Program and Forms
- Status Codes for Applicant Tracking
- Voluntary Self-Identification of race, gender, and veteran status
- Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability