Laboratory Exchange Proposal Instructions
We are seeking proposals for laboratory exchanges to support visits for laboratory personnel to another lab. These proposals are intended to fund single lab visits. Ongoing/multiple exchanges are possible, but must be proposed independently. Preference may be given to those for which no prior collaboration has occurred.
Application should be 1 page maximum, single-spaced. List your name and your overseeing PI’s name at the top of the application, along with your contact details.
Successful proposals will:
- Be interdisciplinary
- Generate a product
- Undergraduates, graduate students, and postdoctoral scholars. Foreign students are welcome to apply.
- Applicants and their overseeing PIs must be members of the RCN (Membership Form)
- Current funding must be available to support proposed research aims (no research funding is possible via the RCN)
- Plans during the exchange itself – purpose of exchange including cross-training goals, personnel to be trained, and other synergisms that may arise from this exchange.
- Long-term impact of the exchange.
- Timeline for the project that justifies the duration of the exchange.
- Is this an extension of a previously funded RCN Exchange? (Note: this does not disqualify the proposal)
Also include in application
Note: Letters of recommendation can be submitted by applicant, or PI’s can email letters of recommendation directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letter of recommendation from your overseeing PI
- Brief letter of acknowledgement from the exchange PI stating that they support your work in their lab
- $3,000 maximum
- Travel support only (no salary/stipend support)
- Per-Diem and Lodging expenses are allowed
- Please acknowledge any other funding that may be provided from other sources
- Economy travel is required
Deliverables—to be provided after the exchange has been completed
- A report on activities of the laboratory exchange, in the form of a blog post for our website.
- Receipts for travel expenses
Please submit applications (single PDF document) and deliverables to: email@example.com