Policy proposal process
Faculty or staff members are welcome to submit proposals for new policies and suggested changes to existing policies. The template for submitting undergraduate policy proposals will be submitted to AcademicStandards@nau.edu for consideration by the ASC.
Once submitted, a proposal goes through the following steps:
- The proposal is placed on ASC agenda and sent to committee members one week prior to the meeting;
- ASC considers the merit of the proposal and votes whether to move the proposal forward for constituent vetting;
- ASC members distribute to and collect information from their representative constituent groups;
- ASC votes on the proposal on behalf of their constituents;
- The proposal is presented to the appropriate executive offices for final approval.
The outcome of all proposal submissions are included in the ASC’s Annual Report to the Faculty Senate.