Academic affairs at Northern Arizona University
Who we are
Academic Affairs consists of
- Seven discipline-based colleges
- University Honors College
- Graduate College
- Cline Library
- The Center for International Education
Commitment to quality academic programming
The Academic Affairs division provides leadership and support for academic programs and personnel to foster continued educational excellence at Northern Arizona University.
Toward this end, the Vice Provost for Curriculum, Assessment and Accreditation collaborates with faculty and academic leaders to develop, implement, and assess our academic degrees, certificates, and credentials at NAU.
Commitment to student success
Academic Affairs is founded upon the university’s mission to provide an exceptional undergraduate and graduate education bolstered by meaningful, significant student success initiatives.
Toward this end, the Vice Provost for Academic Operations collaborates with academic units, the Office of Enrollment Management, and the Office of Student Affairs to provide outstanding academic support experiences focusing on the student and their individual needs.
Commitment to faculty
Academic Affairs is committed to its faculty, and recognizes that grades are not the sole marker of successful teaching and learning. We work to provide an environment in which faculty can produce scholarly works, conduct cutting-edge research, and engage with students in the classroom.
Toward this end, the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs provides policy, guidance, and stewardship of all academic personnel programs, processes, and resources.
Academic Strategic Plan
The universities are required to submit Academic Strategic Plans each year to the Arizona Board of Regents (see below for past reports). Throughout the year the institutions may request amendments to those plans and the Office of the Provost submits formal requests for the following academic changes:
- New programs/program name changes/merging or transferring of programs/deletion of high demand programs
- Creation/reorganization/elimination of units (colleges, schools, departments)
- Name change in title of degree programs or units
For additional information on new academic program proposals, please contact the Vice Provost for Curriculum, Assessment and Accreditation.
ABOR reports and archives:
- 2019-2020 – 11.21.19
- 2018-2019 Addendums: 6.12.19, 4.11.19, 2.7.19
- 2016-2018 Addendums: 6.14.18, 4.6.18, 11.16.17, 9.27.17, 6.7.17, 11.17.16
- 2015-2016 Addendums: 9.21.16, 2.3.16, 11.19.15, 6.4.15, 4.9.15
- 2012-2013 Addendum: 9.13.12