- "It has helped my daughter obtain an introduction to preparing for the SAT/ACT - she said it was helpful and worthwhile. This is a plus as a parent, it's not easy to convince or get a teen up and out the door on a Saturday morning especially if it's ‘educational’. Thank you!"
- SAT/ACT workshop participant, "The NACRC staff has been great, very responsive to any questions or needs that I have had."
- College admissions workshop participant, "I’m definitely coming back!"
- College admissions workshop participant, "Definitely got me prepared and knowledgeable about my test."
- SAT/ACT workshop participant, "Very good. The mentors were friendly and very welcoming and they made the test fun. It was very nice."
- SAT/ACT workshop participant, "This is a very good program and should be kept running as long as possible. Gave a lot of information, facilitators answered questions I had, helpful, communication was great."
- Native american scholarships workshop participant, "It was very informative and well laid out. Afterwards I was much more comfortable with my understanding of Financial Aid. The breakdown of the different kinds of financial aid and ways to obtain it was helpful."
Workshops & Events
Financial aid 101: How do you begin the financial aid process? Accordion Closed
Is the ability to fund your college experience a concern for you and your family? Have you ever wanted to know how to pay for college without taking out loans? Learn how you can use financial aid to help you afford college. Our Financial Aid 101 workshop/presentation explores the types of financial aid, sources of financial aid and how to apply for financial aid. We will also cover the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) – the financial aid form you will complete to apply for most federal aid. Find out where to apply for the FAFSA, what you will need before you apply and tips to make it easier to complete the FAFSA. Don’t miss out on this valuable information to help you receive money for college. If interested with this presentation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finding and applying for scholarships Accordion Closed
Are you unsure where to begin in the scholarship search process? At this workshop, you will learn what kinds of scholarships are available, how to find scholarships, when to apply for scholarships and how to apply for scholarships. We also cover tips and tricks for putting together a winning scholarship application. Start searching for scholarships today and receive free money for your college journey.
ACT Schoolwide Test Prep Accordion Closed
Are you a junior that will be taking the ACT in the spring? The NACRC offers a free ACT test prep boot camp to schools who are open to providing this session to their students. The free test prep boot camp will cover basic test taking strategies for each of the content areas, a practice test, reference sheets, and a student ACT book, which covers a more in-depth practice of the ACT content.
Applying to college Accordion Closed
Searching and choosing a college to attend involves knowing when to apply, deciding whether to apply early decision, crafting college essays, and preparing for interviews with admissions officials. This workshop helps you to understand the different types of college admissions and covers tips, tools, and expert advice that will make the college application process easier.
Comparing financial aid packages Accordion Closed
Seniors and Parents– Do you wonder what all of that information that comes in your financial aid package means? Come and view a variety of financial aid packages to compare and learn about them. This will help you make the most informed decision on what school is the best financial option for you.
FAFSA completion Accordion Closed
Completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) can seem like a difficult task, but at the NACRC we want to take the stress out of completing the form. All senior students should complete the FAFSA in order to receive federal financial aid for college. Our workshop allows you to complete the FAFSA quickly, and correctly, with one of our advisors. Students and parents are encouraged to attend together, and bring the necessary documents in order to complete their FAFSA. Advisors will also provide the next steps that you need to take to receive federal financial aid.
Arizona scholarships Accordion Closed
This workshop is all about free money in Arizona! Our advisors will cover the different types of scholarships that can be found that are specifically for Arizona students. While many scholarships are offered on a national level, these scholarships are just for Arizona residents and any student in Arizona can access them. We will cover the Arizona Community Foundation, Dorrance Scholarship Program, Earn2Learn, and the Flinn Scholarship program. The Flinn Scholarship Program is for undergraduate study at an Arizona public university for 20 of Arizona’s highest-achieving high school seniors each year. This merit-based scholarship covers the cost of tuition, fees, room and board, and at least two study-abroad experiences.
The NACRC provides free workshops and presentations to the community, schools, and community organizations. The NACRC has established a YouTube channel to house recorded workshops and presentations. Please regularly check our YouTube channel for the most recent content. Follow as well in Facebook and Instagram.