Culturally Responsive Schooling (CRS) with/in Indigenous Communities Professional Development Institute
The Culturally Responsive Schooling (CRS) with/in Indigenous Communities Professional Development Institute is a 6-month program for PreK-12 educators that will grow their capacity and effectiveness in working with Indigenous students. The program focuses on increasing educators’ knowledge of key ideas/issues, and also educators’ ability to use and apply that knowledge to their everyday work with students.
Benefits of program participation Accordion Closed
- Certificate of completion with seat hours noted for professional development
- Stipend for $500 upon completion
- Professional development hours certificate for 35 hours
- Self-authored curriculum or practice guide is published on INE website
- Connection to a diverse community of educators with a shared commitment to culturally responsive schooling
How can I participate in the CRS? Accordion Closed
Participants in the CRS are motivated, intellectually curious educators who want to improve their content knowledge and have high expectations for their students. If you meet these criteria, you may apply.
- Employed full-time in a school serving over 25% Native students
- Employed in a publicly-funded or tribally-funded school in Arizona
- Employed in a role that works directly with students and/or families (i.e., teacher, educational assistance, residential coordinators, instructional coach, family engagement coordinator, etc.)
- Ability to attend ALL meetings CRS schedule 2023
Expectations of accepted applicants
- Attend all virtual and in person meetings, including the final Showcase and Open House on December (DATE TBD), 2024, in Flagstaff
- Submit all writing assignments on time, including the final complete curriculum unit that meets program specifications
- Maintain regular communication via email and/or phone with the program staff
Applications for 2024 will be opening soon! If you are considering applying to an INE professional development program in 2024, please submit your information through this survey and we will contact you when applications open.
Current program information for the CRS Accordion Closed
CRS schedule for 2023
Download the CRS schedule 2023