Job search resources
There are many opportunities to gain hands-on experience while in college. You can volunteer in organizations that interest you, take on leadership roles in student clubs and organizations, work part-time in on- or off-campus jobs, participate in job-shadow’s, initiate research projects, or travel abroad. These hands-on experiences will compliment your formal education, and help you stand out to employers. Follow us on Pinterest and Facebook for more job search ideas and tips.
- Interested in sustainability? Check out NAU Green programs for student groups, community programs, and campus initiatives to get involved with
- Idealist.org is a job and internship website for students looking for opportunities in not-for-profit companies.
- Volunteer with NAU’s Civic Service Institute.
- AmeriCorps hires students to serve at over 30 agencies throughout Coconino County.
- Develop communication and interpersonal skills by becoming a mentor.
- Sign up for Volunteer Match and find opportunities in your community or around the company.
- Looking to volunteer in the public health industry?
- Work for Good
- Forbes list of the top websites for nonprofit jobs
- Nonprofit job listings from The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- B Work
There are numerous affordable study abroad programs, some of which include internships or research. The Global Research and Internship Program allows students to seek out their own international internship and receive academic credit.
Vault – the Vault Mission statement is to “To provide the intelligence that students and professionals need to build the careers they want, and to partner with companies seeking to engage with people pursuing high-potential careers.”
iHipo is designed for applicants who seek international work experience and internships. iHipo has an extensive list of international jobs and internships, group discussions and resources that job seekers can use to enhance their search.
Jobbydoo is designed to help individuals find job opportunities quickly, easily and for free, both in the U.S. and abroad. Jobbydoo is also located in the following countries: UK, Australia, Germany, France, Italy and Brazil.
Learn How to Become is a comprehensive career resource with a mission to help students and aspiring professionals understand what it takes to land their perfect career. Access resources and tools designed to your ideal career field.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.