For more information on how to get funding please visit the ASNAU Services page.
Graphic Design Request:
Every Thursday, 4-6pm
Advocacy Committee – Open Forum
Every third Tuesday of the month, 4-6pm
Get involved with ASNAU and more!
Make the most of your college career and beyond by getting involved with your Lumberjack community!
The Associated Students of Northern Arizona (ASNAU) is the undergraduate student government. With over 45 members, there is plenty of opportunity to become part of NAU’s amazing student body government.
All elected members are responsible for serving as a liaison and student representative to their university counterpart. That includes addressing the concerns of the student body, clubs, and organizations. Each position has their own field of expertise. For more information on what each position does, please visit our Resources Page.
President Accordion Closed
- Serves as the spokesperson of ASNAU and representative to the university. They are the chief liaison to the Provost and NAU President. They are responsible for addressing concerns of the university at large
Vice President of Academic Affairs Accordion Closed
- Serves as the liaison among the student body, academic colleges, and ASNAU. They oversee the Affordable Textbook Exchange Program in conjunction with Cline Library and the Vice Provost of Academic Affairs. The address concerns dealing with academic affairs at NAU.
Vice President of Student Affairs Accordion Closed
- They oversee all student-based programs run through ASNAU which are not academic in nature. Some examples include, serving as the director for Student Legal Aid, overseeing daily affairs of Club Headquarters, and working directly with the University Athletics Department.
Vice President of Government Affairs Accordion Closed
- They provide opportunities for the student body to become civically engaged. They alert the student body about any active or upcoming policies or legislation (local, state, or national) which may affect them as students. The VPGA serves as the Director of the Northern Arizona University (NAU) Student State Affairs Board.
Senator(s) Accordion Closed
- They hold weekly Senate and Appropriations meetings. They are responsible for allocating moneys to recognized clubs, organizations, and qualified individuals according to the ASNAU policy. Senators will propose bills to the Senate. They are to represent all undergraduate Mountain Campus students, clubs, and organizations.
Chief of Staff Accordion Closed
- The Chief of Staff position is the only non-elected Executive position. They are responsible for supervising and maintaining accountability of all ASNAU budgetary accounts. The Chief of Staff oversees the non-elected ASNAU staff and their respective budgets. They also play an important role in organizing concerts and the Homecoming Carnival.
Senate Chair Accordion Closed
- The Senate Chair is responsible for assisting in establish positive relationships between Senators and Deans. They form and disband ad hoc Senate committees. They prepare and distribute the agenda for each Senate meeting, and they oversee the duties and responsibilities of the Student Senate, Senate Clerk, Senate Parliamentarian.
Senate Clerk Accordion Closed
- They are responsible for maintaining accurate records and minutes of all Senate proceedings, preparing and distributing the official minutes for each Senate meeting and submitting a copy of all bills, referendums, and resolutions.
Senate Parliamentarian Accordion Closed
- They are responsible for advising all ASNAU of proper parliamentary procedure. The Senate Parliamentarian reviews the ASNAU Constitution, By-laws, and Election Code; and having a working knowledge of their statutes.
Executive Assistant Accordion Closed
- They serve as the liaison between the ASNAU office and the Administrative Assistant. The Executive Assistant helps the Executive Council with various projects. They work with the Senate Clerk, Advisor(s) and ASNAU’s Administrative Assistant to maintain documentation of Senate Bills and reimbursement packets.
Awareness and Campaign Coordinator Accordion Closed
- They are responsible for developing awareness in the Northern Arizona University of issues dealing with economic, social, and political nature of society. They meet with diverse groups of constituents to understand issues that impact NAU students. The Awareness and Campaign Coordinator is primarily responsible for developing Awareness Weeks and new outreach for health and wellness initiatives.
Club Headquarters Manager Accordion Closed
- They maintain all financial documents and daily affairs of the Club Headquarters. This includes, maintaining the cleanliness and organization, aiding all students, clubs and organizations, and overseeing the duties and responsibilities of the CHQ Staff.
Club Headquarters Staff Accordion Closed
- Like the CHQ Manager, the Staff are responsible for the daily affairs of Club Headquarters, maintaining the cleanliness and organization, and aiding all students, clubs and organizations. They regularly field emails, calls, and fulling requests.
Diversity Coordinator Accordion Closed
- They will work with the Diversity Committee, promote cultural understanding and be committed to advocating for anti-discrimination, anti-racism, anti-classism, and anti-hate. They will work closely with other departments like Ethnic Studies, Veterans Affairs, Native American Cultural Center, IMQ and many more. The Diversity Coordinator will be responsible for assisting in Diversity Week.
Sustainability Coordinator Accordion Closed
- They will work to maintain that the ASNAU office is being “green”. This includes but is not limited to: recycling, reducing waste, reusing materials, and reducing energy consumption, as well as making sure all events run and organized by ASNAU are practicing these habits. The Sustainability Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the planning and implementing Earth Week events.
Public Relations Department Accordion Closed
- The Public Relations Department consists of Graphic Designers, Videographer, Photographer, and Social Media and Marketing Coordinator. They will work closely together to promote ASNAU events, activities, policies, and updates.
Special Events Coordinator Accordion Closed
- They are responsible for organizing and overseeing Homecoming, Family Weekend, the ‘23’ Fee Concert, other campus activities.
How to become a part of ASNAU
Elections Accordion Closed
- Every spring semester ASNAU holds a campus wide election for all elected positions.
- There are 5 (five) executive positions and 14 (fourteen) Senator positions every year.
- Candidate Packets will become available in person and online.
- Potential Senator candidates are required to get at least 150 signatures.
- Potential Executive candidates are required to get at least 250 signature.
- At the end of the campaign season, the results will be posted online and in person.
Committees Accordion Closed
- ASNAU has a whole host of committees where students can become involved.
- Any student can be involved with our Advocacy Committee and our weekly Senate meetings.
Partnerships Accordion Closed
Clubs and Organizations
NAU has over 400 clubs and organizations! From academic clubs to Greek Letter Life, NAU has something for everyone to get involved in! For a full list of clubs, organizations, and the thousands of events please visit NAU’s True Blue Connects.